Do The Thrashers Have Large Talons?

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Big WJC Battle Tonight! USA v Canada!

Tonight is the most celebrated game of the World Junior Tournament prior to the medal playoffs. The game will be carried on the NHL Network live.

Here are the draft eligible players for each squad if you want to check on the talent that will be available at the draft this summer.

Team USA
Jordan Schroeder #19: Right handed forward from U. of Minnesota, ranked #6 on International Scouting Services most recent draft list.

Team Canada
John Tavares: #19: Potential NHL superstar who has who is battling Victor Hedman to be the #1 overall pick this summer. Right now ISS has Hedman ahead and Tavares #2.

Evander Kane #29: Forward from the Vancouver Giants. ISS had him ranked as a high first rounder (7th overall) and it seems he has lived up to the advance praise.

Ryan Ellis #8: Defenseman from Windsor Spitfires. A bit on the small side at 5'9" but ISS ranks him at a mid first rounder (16th overall).

3 Comments:

  • US lost 7-4 with last two goals as empty netters. God, Team Canada looked just dominant over Team USA. I know that Tavares had 3 goals. I didn't see the whole thing, but I would not be surprised if they go to the finals.

    Funny how you are concentrating on this rather than the Thrashers. They lost 3-1. I haven't seen the highlights and thus all of the goals scored on us, but I saw that Enstrom and Havelid were not scored on once while other defenseman were. The Perrin-Thorburn-Boulton line was scored upon twice from what I could see for forwards. Bogosian, from what I saw, looked pretty good. It will be good to have him back.

    Falconer,
    What would you do to get the defense going? Who would you bench and who would you let play on defense and offense? I think that, like you said, they should play Kari more than Moose. However, someone did make the point that when we had a five game win streak, Hedberg was in goal for all 5? Actually, I think that Pavelec did play some of them. Anyhow, what are your thoughts on what should be done now?

    Anderson changed the line, and I think that it was Kovalchuk with White and Little; at least that was who was out on the ice when Kovy scored.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 PM  

  • The USA can skate with Canada. If they were more mature and disciplined, they could have won. Canada has a ton of talent, but the USA is a lot better team than I thought they would be.

    This tournament is shaping up to be the best in years.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:29 AM  

  • Steve, I know you didn't ask me, but heres my lines:

    Kozlov-White-Little
    Kovalchuk-Thorburn-Armstrong
    Williams-Reasoner-Crabb
    Boulton-Slater-Perrin

    Enstrom-Havelid
    Hainsey-Schneider
    Oystrik-Bogosian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to my website?
View My Stats