Do The Thrashers Have Large Talons?

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tickermaster Hurting

While driving in the car this afternoon Clark Howard mentioned that Ticketmaster net income fell 76% in the last quarter and the organization has begun experimenting with surcharge free ticket sales.

Clark Howard has regularly ripped Ticketmaster for grotesque "surcharges" on tickets that only cost pennies to print and mail. In reality what Ticketmaster was doing was paying kickbacks to arenas and then charging even more to consumers once they became a monopoly supplier.

I'm one of those consumers who will go to significant lengths to avoid the extra changers. I always buy my Braves tickets at the box office and same with extra Thrasher tickets. I often buy my concert tickets at the box office as well to avoid paying the "monopoly" charges.

1 Comments:

  • I also avoid paying the tickmaster surcharges by going to the arena. Even though it was probably break-even by the time I paid for gas, I didn't want to be extorted by Ticketmaster.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to my website?
View My Stats