Do The Thrashers Have Large Talons?

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Pre-Season Detroit Game

Only a few hours until I head down to Philips to see my first hockey game in that building in quite some time.

Is it possible to have an "important" pre-season game? If so, I think this one is. The franchise needs to generate some enthusiasm among the fan base and the two road losses at STL and DET where a bit ugly. In one contest they gave up 9 goals in the other game they generated few SOG.

You don't win any points in pre-season but you can sell tickets with a solid showing. Here are some things I'll be looking for:

  • Does the team appears to be on the same page using Anderson's multiple systems?
  • Can they generate offense with a lineup that is close to their opening night roster?
  • Can the re-vamped defense prevent high quality scoring chances in the slot area?
  • Will the new 3rd line show more offensive punch then last year's checking line?

1 Comments:

  • Way to walk around the arena in a Yzerman jersey. Yeah- we saw you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to my website?
View My Stats