Do The Thrashers Have Large Talons?

Monday, June 23, 2008

You Do the Math

Which NHL franchise has two NHL-ready goalies and a big need at defense?
Which NHL franchise has 10 NHL defensemen and needs a goalie?
Am I totally crazy to think either Lehtonen or Pavelec could be wearing a Red Wings jersey by September?

On defense, the Wings have 10 players, assuming they can re-sign Brad Stuart, Andreas Lilja and Chris Chelios, but only eight spots.

Holland said he recently spoke to the agents for Lilja and Stuart and plans to meet this week with Chelios.

''I would say we're close on Lils,'' Holland said. ''Stuart's camp knows where we're at. I want to talk to Cheli Monday or Tuesday. Cheli obviously wants to come back. We'll have a good conversation about what I see his role being.''

Full Story here

4 Comments:

  • Thanks for all the posts over the past couple of weeks. It made the draft much more interesting. I hope that you don't mind, but I suggested to a site called Alltop that they add your feed and the AJC Thrashers feed to their hockey section. This is one of my favorite sites and I felt like other readers would enjoy it, as well.

    By Blogger Michael, at 6:29 AM  

  • If the Thrashers are going to make a deal with Detroit, please, please, please don't let it be for Chris Chelios. Someone without one foot in the grave. I know that's not the Thrasher way, but I can dream.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:53 AM  

  • It won't happen. Aside from making too much sense, Detroit isn't in a rush to get a goalie; their system allows them to play with a less than stellar 'tender and still get the job done. Its not the Wing's MO to make big trades either.
    The only D that I would want from them is Kronwall, and they aren't letting him go. Also, we don't need to be in a hurry to throw away depth at the only position we have it.

    By Blogger Taste of Flames, at 10:15 AM  

  • Anon: I can promise you Chelios will not be coming here. His kids are in high school and he will only play there so they don't have to move.

    By Blogger The Falconer, at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to my website?
View My Stats