Do The Thrashers Have Large Talons?

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Post for a Good Man

I'm slowly getting over my end-of-season blues and I'll put up some hockey commentary soon.

But I wanted to post about a phenomenal film I watched last night. I have to say that it is probably the best movie I've seen so far this year (and I've already watched 20 so far in 2007). It is a German film called "The Lives of Others" and is set in East Germany at the end of the Cold War. A Stasi (secret police) officer listens to a German playwright and his girlfriend. Will he betray their secrets as they become a target of the state security apparatus? The movie tells the story of three main characters who each face great pressure and difficult situations. The tension builds as the film moves along and I had no idea how the story would resolve until it finally did. Great filmaking. It's only showing at two places in town.

2 Comments:

  • Yep, great movie Falconer, saw it about one month ago. I think it won the Oscar for the best foreign movie just in front of the Pan's labyrinth, another very good movie !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 AM  

  • i saw it a few weeks ago at midtown and was pleasantly surprised with it. i actually joined my girlfriend because she had to see it for her german class, and i'm usually one to not like movies that much (especially ones with subtitles). needless to say, good words, falc!

    By Blogger robbie dee, at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to my website?
View My Stats