Do The Thrashers Have Large Talons?

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Coming Attractions II: Cold War Kids in ATL Friday

I usually only write about the Atlanta Thrashers on this blog, but I do have other interests, including going to see live music here in town. My good friend Rich writes a blog called Cable and Tweed on indy music in Atlanta. Last year we went to see a show by Sound Team (they were so-so) and I was really impressed by opening band Cold War Kids. I purchased their EP Up In Rags and like it very much. I rarely pimp anything in this space, but if you're looking for something to do this Friday night (no Thrashers game) you might want to head over to Vinyl and check them out. What do they sound like? I'm terrible at describing music, but I'd call them blues influenced rock. You can listen to some of their tracks on their myspace page and judge for yourself.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to my website?
View My Stats