Do The Thrashers Have Large Talons?

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sterling shines in AHL All-Star Game

Thrasher prospect Brett Sterling wins the AHL All-Star game MVP.

I have to say I'm a big fan of Sterling. I watched him play last spring out as Colorado College took on Alaska Anchorage. I also watched him play the year before that in the NCAA regional playoffs as his CC Tigers beat my team the Michigan Wolverines in the regional final.

After the NCAA game some friends and I went to a comedy club across the street from Van Andel Arena (Grand Rapids, MI) and Sterling walked into the building with some teammates. I was shocked by how short he is in street clothes. But the new NHL increases the chances that a guy like him can make it to the NHL.

Sterling also looked good at the Thrashers NHL camp this fall. I ended up buying his training camp jersey at the team's equipment sale because I like his chances of making the big squad some day. Sterling followed up a good NHL camp with a blazing start in the AHL by scoring goals at a torrid pace for the Wolves. Perhaps if Slava Kozlov departs as a free agent this summer a guy like Sterling might get a change to make the team as a scoring line winger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to my website?
View My Stats